DBGWPROC.DLL on Windows 2008 R2 (Windows 7 x64)
We have a custom built client/server application developed in VisualBasic 6. VB 6 is unsupported development/deployment environment since March 2005. Recently, I stumbled on a bug with library DBGWPROC.DLL while trying to install client part of application on Windows 7 x64 (as far as I can tell, this error is related to x64 version of Windows 7/2008R2). Here is a recipe which I used to overcome the installation error:
- Author released the library to public domain, so get the newest release from here, more precisely from here.
- unzip library to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- execute library registration at command line:
cmd> cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64 cmd> regsvr32 DbgWproc.dll
If you’re doing registration on Windows 2008 R2 SP1 registration should succeed without the error, if you’re doing registration on Windows 7 x64 SP1, you’ll likely receive an error but you can ignore it (at least in my case everything worked as expected afterwards.Your millage can vary!)!
- install your application that is using DBGWPROC.DLL from your msi, when you receive error regarding DBGWPROC.DLL, simply ignore it.
- Test the application. Mine worked as if it was installed on Windows XP.