PowerShell columns by Jeffery Hicks
As a long time subscriber on MCP Magazine I also get regular weekly newsletter from them. What I really like to read lately are columns by Jeffery Hicks, introducing the real power of PowerShell with short and simple examples, hence serving me well to learn some basics.
Some direct links to columns by Jeffery Hicks about PowerShell:
- Tee Off
- On File
- PowerShell AKA
- Smooth Operator
- The Two Faces of PowerShell
- PowerShell in Lockdown Mode
- The Big Kahuna
- Member(ship) Has Its Privileges
- Help Is On The Way
- Automated Power for IT
- “Clean” and Mean PowerShell Sessions
- How To Make Windows Spill the Beans
- Jog Your Memory with PowerShell
- Profile of a PowerSheller
- PowerShell Title Prompts
- Look Mom, No Scripting!
- Switching Days in PowerShell
- Color My World
- Put Some Power in Your Event Logs
- PowerShell Pipe Dream
Posted on 08.05.2008, in Scripting and tagged powershell, Scripting. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
PowerShell Community Extensions
In recently published column, Jeffery Hicks mentioned PowerShell Community Extensions. One cmdlet caught my attention: Send-SmtpMail. I think this cmdlet alone is worth of installing the PSCX; out of many others that “sounds” promising.